Friday, February 20, 2009

Villanova takes care of Rutgers on Senior Night

Last night was Senior Night at the Pavillion. That meant Blue Man and his friends had some trouble getting tickets. I had a ticket transferred to me, but Blue Man still had no one to go with. So I decided to take the night off and get hammered in my room and enjoy the game from the couch. As the second half got going I started to get a little worried. At the 11 minute mark, Rutgers was up 54-52. Around that same time I discovered that another friend had a ticket, that's when we decided something needed to be done. Villanova has never lost a game that Blue Man has attended, so to make sure we locked down the win my friend and I sprinted from West to the Pavillion and got there with 7:56 left in the game. At that time we were up by 6 and Blue Man had arrived, there was no way we were going to lose this game. Sure enough, Villanova never looked back and cruised to a 82-72 win. Scottie had 21, Corey stokes had 17, and the Pavillion gave the Seniors a great send off, ending the game with chants of "Thank You Seniors".

Villanova travels to Syracuse on Sunday, and while Blue Man won't be making the trip, I have a good feeling about this one after dropping over 100 on them last time. Let's hope we can pull of a huge road win and move up in the rankings.

No comments:

Post a Comment