Monday, November 30, 2009

This week In Sports

Hello bitches, after weeks of finding other things to do besides my work i have finally run out of options and have been reduced to coming back and writing for this blog.
This is setting up to be an awesome week in the sports world, Villanova and otherwise.
I'm sure that some of the other Villanova sports teams have shit this week but I don't really give a fuck about anything but Men's Basketball and Football.
So here's what's on tap this week
Big10/ACC Challenge: I really don't care that much about this but I'm sure there are plenty of people interested in seeing the overrated Big10 get ass-fucked by the ACC. One match-up I am looking forward to is the Minnesota Miami clash on Wednesday. This is only because I want to see how Malcom Grant is doing down at The U. Even though he left, I still appreciate what he did fot the Cats during his time on the Mainline.
Villanova vs. Drexel: Wednesday night at the Pavillion the Cats will take on the Dragons. I fucking hate Drexel for a lot of reasons but mostly because of the fact that they beat us here during my freshman year and because they think that they should be allowed into the Big 5 in basketball. Fuck that, I don't want any more OOC rival obligations with shitty teams. We are already forced to play 4 shitty teams from Philly so we can assert our dominance and I don't want anymore. I hope the Cats will take a giant dump on Drexel and show them how it feels to be part of the Big 5.
FIFA World Cup Draw: On Friday, the groups will be decided for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. The draw will go a long way in decideing which teams will have a shot at taking the whole thing this summer. In 2006 the US got drawn against Italy, Ghana and The Czech Republic, three very capable sides, which played a huge part in the early exit by the Red, White and Blue (well that and some awesomely inept coaching). This year, I'mm really hoping for an easy draw for the Americans (and the English) and I would love nothing more than to see New Zealand and South Africa in our group.
Saturday: Saturday is shaping up to be an awesome day for Villanova and no-Villanova sports fans and I'm especially looking forward to 3 things. My day will start off with Chelsea vs. Manchester City at 12:30. The Blues have been in great form lately dispatching Arsenal 3-0 on Sunday while City is struggling having drawn a EPL record 7 games in a row. I hate Man City and fully expect the Blues to smash their fucking faces in. Later in the day you have Villanova vs.UNH in an NCAA 1-AA football quarterfinal match-up. I don't really know a lot about 1-AA fottball but I know UNH beat us in a close game earlier this year and that I really want Nova to win. I'll let Fact handle the rest. And last but not least, the SEC Championship Game: #1 Florida vs. #2 Alabama in Hot 'Lanta. I hate Tim Tebow and hope Terrence "Mount" Cody, Rolando McClain and Javier Arenas run train on him all day. Either way it should be an awesome game to watch.
Villanova and Mayrland: Sunday at 7:30 these 2 face off in D.C. in Nova's best OOC game of the year. I think this could turn out to be an awesome game and I hope the Cats can contiune to play well and beat the turtles.

So that's all I got, looks like an interesting week and hopefully Villanova will fare well in all its endevours.

2 comments:

  1. USA played Czech Republic in 2006, not Australia. Also, Villanova is playing Maryland on Sunday night, not Saturday.

    Agree with you about the Chelsea/City game. I'm a Tottenham supporter but that should be a good game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call on those..... But fuck you and fuck Spurs, Blues rule London :)

    ReplyDelete