Scott Malkinson Austin Freeman, I have Diabetes
Nothing too significant on the Villanova front today so i'll just give some thoughts on college basketball related topics.
- Duke does not deserve to be a one seed, especially if they don't win the ACC (which is awful this year) outright. How their RPI is so high and has been all season absolutely baffles me as I haven't seen them do anything truly impressive all season. The fact that a seven loss Ohio State team is also in the conversation to be a one seed is downright offensive.
- I wonder if West Virginia will still be ranked ahead of Villanova if they're beaten by The 'Cats again.
- I don't know what bothers me more about Joe Lunardi, the fact that he attended and is employed by St. Joe's or the fact that he's just incredibly annoying.
- Why isn't Jeremy Hazell getting any discussion for Big East Player of The Year? I don't think he should win, but he's arguably the best one man show in the country.
- Doug Gottlieb looks like he'd make a fantastic accountant or personal injury lawyer. I wonder why ESPN trusts a guy who is a convicted credit card fraud when they fired Harold Reynolds for giving an "inappropriate hug."
- Doesn't it get a little old when you continuously hear that guys show up to MLB spring training"in the best shape of his life."
- Julius Peppers will immediately quit when a team gives him a big paycheck. Teams would be better off ignoring him because I don't think he'll be any good if given a long term contract with Albert Haynesworth like guaranteed money.
- Dan LeBatard needs an increased role on ESPN, I think the four letter word should replace Jay Mariotti with LeBatard on the Around the Horn panel. Mariotti is exactly why people hate sportswriters.
- I wish there was a team now like the 1990 Loyola Marymount team. Oh I forgot, there is already a team that tries to outscore teams and plays little defense, they're called Villanova.
That's it for today.. I'll be back later with more and hopefully a comprehensive Big East Tournament preview. God, I love this time of year.