Here are my thoughts on the team so far:
- The Defensive Line has performed quite well despite the graduation of Tim Kukucka and Phil Matusz and the season ending injury to Marlon Johnson. Freshmen like Antoine Lewis and Rakim Cox have stepped up in a big way.
- The Offense is still making a bit too many mistakes, but for the most part they are doing a good job. Chris Whitney needs to cut down a bit on the turnovers (which he should based on his career numbers.)
- Aaron Ball has been running like a man possessed. The offensive line deserves some credit for this, but Ball seems to have returned to his 2008 form.
- Terence Thomas and Marquis Kirkland are tackle machines. It helps to have two incredible linebackers when you are trying to break in new players on the defensive line.
- This defense has the potential to be better than last years depending on the development of our young players.
- We need to get this team healthy. Apparently, defensive lineman Tamai Young is on his way back from a knee injury and he may be back for the game this week against Towson.
- I would love to see this team play a full four quarters of good football as we'll need that against teams like Delaware and James Madison.