Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Good Win

Another good win by Villanova.  After a shaky start, The 'Cats tightened up the defense and ended up beating Louisville 88-74.  Corey Stokes was monstrous once again, scoring 23 points on 5-9 shooting (4-8 from three, 9-9 from the line.)  Corey Fisher added 17 points and 8 rebounds, Mouphtaou Yarou had his best game of the season with 18 points and 12 boards, and Maalik Wayns put in a very good second half to finish with 15 points and 8 assists.  Preston Knowles led The Cardinals in scoring with a game high 24 points, including 6 three pointers.

Here are my thoughts:
  • Stokes has an unlimited license to shoot in my mind.
  • While I like the mid range jumper that he has added, Antonio Pena really needs to step his game up and start playing like a fifth year senior.
  • I hate Fran Fraschilla.. All he does is drop names like he has a self esteem problem.
  • Good game by Fish.  He's finally playing like he was supposed to heading into this season.
  • This team is finally playing like they are ranked in the top ten.
  • The perimeter defense still needs some polish.
  • I like that they aren't fouling like they did last year
  • I really liked the "15 seconds" chant directed at Rick Pitino.

That's all, I'll be back tomorrow for some more thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment