Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Attendance Number at The Lacrosse Game: Bullshit

If someone can offer me solid proof that there were 6,300 people at that game yesterday, then I will gladly shut up, but until then I will continue to believe and tell everyone that asks me that there were at least 10,000 people there.  I have never heard of a school that so blatantly misses on their projections of attendance at games as Villanova does.  If there are 12,500 seats at Villanova Stadium and both sides are almost full, doesn't that mean by default that there are more than 6,300 people there? It is disrespectful to the players and coaches of your athletic teams if anything other than the correct number is reported.

4 comments:

  1. I believe the number reported was the number of paid tickets. Students who got in for free were probably not part of that figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that wouldn't make up for a 4,000 person discrepancy that i saw

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, but it would be a start by explaining part of the discrepancy.

    I'm frustrated as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of a school that so blatantly misses on their projections of attendance at games as Villanova does. Lacrosse Shafts

    ReplyDelete