Monday, March 21, 2011

I'll Check My Excitement on Daniel Ochefu

Intriguing, but only that
As you already know, Villanova has landed blue chip 2012 recruit Daniel Ochefu.  There is no doubt that this could be a very good thing for the program, but I'm not willing to get excited about it yet.  The fact is that this kid is still a year and a half from stepping foot on campus, and a lot can go wrong between now and then.

Now I'm not saying that every recruit is a criminal, nor am I saying that you're wrong to be excited about a recruit, but I try not to get excited about a player until he suits up for a game at The Pavilion, and it helps keep the anger in check if the kid doesn't pan out, because inevitably only a few players out of each class end up superstars, and the chances of one school batting 1.000 in recruiting are miniscule.

No comments:

Post a Comment