Friday, May 27, 2011

Despite Being Dropped By Falcons, Brian Finneran Intends to Continue Playing


Even though he's been informed that he will not be re-signed by the Atlanta Falcons, former Villanova wide receiver Brian Finneran said in a recent interview with the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that he intends to continue playing in the NFL.

Q: Do you plan to continue playing?

A: Well, I have to wait for this lockout to get over with so they can get everything in order and figure out what they can do with the free agents like myself.
Q: Did you talk to any teams before the lockout?

A: A few. Hopefully, (when the lockout is over) I can start talking to some different teams and see what happens. See if there is anybody interested and take it from there. I just want to give myself an opportunity once it presents itself. I want to be ready to go if something does pop up.
I hope Finn gets a chance, but there isn't usually a huge market for a slow 35 year old white wide receiver who has never been a superstar even when he was young.  He'd most likely have to win a job in a team's training camp.  We'll just have to wait and see if he gets a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment