Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Music Tuesday: Immortal Technique

Immortal Technique (born Felipe Coronel) is perhaps best known for his radical left wing politics that makes Mos Def look about as liberal as Ronald Reagan. A self styled "revolutionary", he is in my humble opinion the best pure rapper of my generation when you combine lyrical styling with delivery. The only real thing that bothers me about him is that he is your stereotypical conspiracy nut, and it finds its way into the music.

Music after the jump

First up is Dance With The Devil.  It's long as hell, but it's fantastic. It's important to listen the whole song.

Next is Point of No Return. Close your eyes when you listen to this song and think of a fictional story in a Dan Brown novel-- It's probably in this song. If I were to go to battle, this is the song I would be listening to beforehand to get myself ready to kill.

Peruvian Cocaine gives me the sense that it's personal because he himself is Peruvian and is playing the part of a Peruvian working in the coca fields in this song.

Industrial Revolution is my favorite song of his, the beat is unassuming, but the metaphors in this song give me a rapgasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment