Nuggets on Sheila Reid's win:
- First woman EVER to win the 1500m and 5000m double at the NCAA championships.
- First Villanova woman to win the 1500m since fellow Canadian Carmen Douma won the event in 1998.
- One of five Villanova women to win at least four NCAA championships. With a year of eligibility remaining!
- If you include the cross country, indoor, and outdoor seasons she is now a four-time national champion, nine-time All-American and 11-time BIG EAST champion.
- Her NCAA Championship is the second all time at the 1500m and fifth at the 5000m for a Villanova woman.
- Finally, while she may not have the sheer pace of a Vicki Huber or Sonia O'Sullivan, her tactics and her performances at national meets have made her one of the all time greats in Villanova women's T&F history.