Thursday, September 15, 2011

You Stay Classy Mario Chalmers

Mario Chalmers and Sherron Collins talking shit to Jay Wright

In an excerpt of a new book that about Kansas basketball in the 2000s posted online, former Jayhawk and current Heat point guard Mario Chalmers expressed his disdain for Jay Wright for leaving him off the roster of the team Jay coached in the 2007 Pan American Games so that Scottie Reynolds could be on the roster. What Chalmers neglected to mention (or wasn't able to comprehend) was the fact that the roster was chosen not by Wright, but by a committee that included Jim Boeheim and BILL SELF. Yes, his own coach left him off the team.

Says Chalmers:
So when it came to the Villanova game, Coach Self called Sherron and me into his office and said, “How do you feel about this Villanova game?” I said, “Coach, this is personal to me. I don’t like Jay Wright.” He was like, “I understand that, but keep it out of the media.” So when the media asked if it was a personal game, we’d say, “No, it’s not personal. It’s just another game.” But during the game we were talking all kinds of s--t to Jay Wright. We’d run by him and tell him, “Sit your ass down! We got this!” Another time we said to him, “This is what you get for cutting us. We’re about to dog you!” Anytime we were throwing the ball in from the sideline, when he was standing up trying to call a play, we’d tell him to shut his mouth and sit down. There was one play where I threw a lob to Shady on an inbounds pass and he dunked over Scottie Reynolds. Right before I threw it I looked at Jay Wright and said, “Watch this!” That game was definitely personal for Sherron and me.
 Mario Chalmers, your ignorance and stupidity make me feel very bad that one of John Calipari's thugs didn't dump truck your team and then personally sodomize you with a broomstick afterward. Good luck buying LeBron's dinner for the rest of your career.

No comments:

Post a Comment