Monday, February 28, 2011
Updated 9:41 PM- The monistat is on the way.
Updated 10:53 PM- According to sources at the Centers for Disease Control, it is believed that Corey Fisher contracted it from Scottie Reynolds' girlfriend and spread it to the rest of the team.
Sunday, February 27, 2011
The next two games are against teams that are very efficient on offense, and it's hard for me to see a way that they will beat either of them without an enormous amount of luck.
I'm done searching for answers; I'm done pointing fingers. Assigning blame when a team isn't very good in the first place is just unproductive. Who knows if Villanova makes the NCAA Tournament at this point. All I know is that they won't do very much once they get there.
Today I'll leave you with videos of building implosions in honor of the implosion of the Villanova basketball team the past two seasons:
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Friday, February 25, 2011
also: Q&A sessions here and here
Updated 7:03 PM EST
according to a tip I received, Steve Lavin's finest hour was probably when he married her:
|Can't say I disagree|
Thursday, February 24, 2011
- Ben Ijalana is a monster.
- Villanova is in a downward spiral and Maalik Wayns' butt hurts.
- VU Law's recent scandal is a small part of a large national problem regarding rankings of institutions.
- Not Villanova, but the media is all over St. John's head coach Steve Lavin's dick.
- Providence forward Marshon Brooks set a Big East single game scoring record last night with 52 points, but The Friars still lost to Notre Dame.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Despite a hernia that kept him out of the Senior Bowl, it is looking like former Villanova left tackle Ben Ijalana could sneak into the first round. Mel Kiper (douchebag) , ESPN Scouts Inc., NFL Network's Mike Mayock, and Don Banks of SI all have him rated very highly, and Banks' most recent Mock Draft has him going to the defending champion Packers as the final pick of the first round. Ijalana could really use a good combine, and will have to convince teams that he's an NFL tackle as opposed to a guard, but it's looking more and more like he's going to make a lot of money in the league.
Part 1: Runners
Part 2: D-Line
Part 3: Quarterbacks
Part 4: Linebackers
Part 5: Receivers
Part 6: Offensive Line and Defensive Backfield
My football coverage should resume sometime in the near future with more discussion on the Big East leading up to the April deadline.
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Last night was awful. It was pitiful, terrible and ugly. Stokes was the only person who could really score and was the only person to hit a three. Nova's last two possessions were embarrassing, the team had no idea what to do, no plan, no hope, no direction. And the DePaul game wasn't much better. Yet some people still think this team is going to make it to the Sweet Sixteen or Elite Eight? People need to wake up and realize this team just isn't that good. Their only really good wins are at Syracuse and home against Louisville, their only notable OOC wins came against UCLA and Maryland, wins which in the past would have looked great, but this year came against low quality teams. Sure we have played UConn, Pitt and Georgetown close but we still lost all those games. The fact is, Nova will struggle to win any of their 3 remaining games with St. John's being the best chance. It is frustrating to watch because, at times, it seems the talent is their, but this team is mentally not good enough to make a deep run in the tournament and its time for people to realize that before getting upset in March. To make everyone feel a bit better, I give you Candice Swanepoel, a smoking hot South African model for Victoria's Secret. More pics after the jump.
Any of those terms would be proper adjectives to describe the recent performance of the Villanova basketball team. This is a team without direction, and things only seem to be getting worse. When searching for answers it's easy to blame the coach,
Since the graduation of Dante Cunningham, Dwayne Anderson, and
I don't care much about wins and losses at this point, and I'm not looking to point fingers. I just want accountability. I want someone (player or coach) to push the chips to the middle of the table and challenge this team to reach its potential because there is no doubt as to the talent that they possess.
Monday, February 21, 2011
|IDGAF ABOUT YOUR TOE!|
Sunday, February 20, 2011
- Points (17.7 a game)
- Field Goal Percentage (.516)
- 3 Point Percentage (.517)
- Assists (5.2 a game)
- Steals (1.7 a game)
- Assist to turnover margin (2.08:1)
- He's also second on the team in Free Throw percentage and free throws made.
P.S.: Stop giving so many minutes to Maurice Sutton and Isaiah Armwood, they've been pretty bad.
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Now since this is foot related, I officially defer to Rex Ryan for his analysis:
Monday, February 14, 2011
As seemingly thousands of people (and myself) have said before, Villanova's most important asset is their basketball team, and that team is only valuable as long as they're in a power conference. If VU does not pull the trigger, we risk exposing our basketball team and seriously threatening the momentum that the school has built up academically. Even if you don't care about football, you must understand that basketball would be seriously threatened without making this move, and this is why I implore Villanova fans to tell the University that you will not donate a penny in the future if they decide against moving up.
Sunday, February 13, 2011
|The Students are NOT the Problem|
Last night's despicable Showing is proof that some type of action needs to be taken by the powers that be at Villanova to improve the atmosphere on campus. I have some suggestions:
- Increase student ticket allocation- The fact that less than a quarter of Villanova undergrads are able to attend a given on campus game is pretty crappy. 1,500 students is not nearly enough in a crowd of 6,500. I'm sure that students would be willing to pay for tickets if they were guaranteed a better shot at getting them through the lottery.
- Move the student section- The obvious model here is Duke. Why is Cameron Indoor Stadium so tough for road teams? One of the reasons is that Duke is generally pretty good on the court, but the fact that the student section is right on top of the action cannot be understated. Villanova should do the same thing. I know that there is a risk of pissing off some alumni, but the students are the most important part of the deal, both on the court and in the stands.
- Sell Alcohol- Not going to happen, but it would work!
Saturday, February 12, 2011
Friday, February 11, 2011
Hitler the Pitt Fan
Game of The Decade
VUHoops.com talks with ESPN host Rece Davis and then later with the Pitt blog Cat Scratch Fever.
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
First, Rece Davis is pumped about GameDay finally coming to Philly.
Hubert Davis thinks we play all of our games at Wachovia/Wells Fargo, but loves the fact that we are playing at the Pavillion for GameDay and thinks this will be the best game of the year for GameDay.
This picture is from the voting for best sign from last week:
I have never met that man in my life, but props to him for using my celebrity to get him on ESPN.
A few more notes:
- I am so disappointed I'm not going to be there. I may be even more disappointed that the new wannabe Bluemans are going to be there. Its a disgrace that those jabronees who cut eyeholes in their suits and are probably going to be on GameDay and probably won't be nearly as drunk as I would have been.
- While I love that Pavillion, I wish there would have been some upgrades made to the place so it would appear a little nicer on TV(ie: when the hell are we going to upgrade that jumbo scoreboard and get an actual jumbotron? We're a perennial top 10 team, our facilities should reflect that). Also, I hope that the administration/staff of the Pavillion have realized that they will need to throw the "No Signs in the Pavillion" rule out the window for GameDay. How PITTiful (pun intended) will we look on GameDay if no one in the crowd had a single sign? My last experience with this was on the night Scottie scored his 2,000th point and I had held up my "Scottie 2 Hottie" sign for no more than 5 seconds before security was on my blue ass. I hope that is not the same outcome for students on Saturday.
- Lastly, there should be multiple Giant Head posters in the crowd and these should all be included: ME (The One, the ONLY, the Original, BlueMan), VillaGnome, Jay Wright, Father Peter, Mouph and possibly a Matt Sczcur wearing a Cubs hat.
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Opening arguments are scheduled to begin today.
Here you go:
This is pure gold, perhaps the best title in the history of this fine blog.
Monday, February 7, 2011
Yours truly hasn't done much blogging lately, so I figured I should get back in the game. That Packers girl yesterday gave me just a little taste and now I'm hooked again (hopefully this blogging thing doesn't go down the same road that my Smurf-themed-porn addiction did.)
Anyways I'm coming back with a bang with a little tidbit that I can't believe Fact(@TheFoyeEffect) himself hasn't blogged yet. Randy Foye's number will be retired this Saturday during GameDay. While no Villanova numbers are truly retired in the sense that no one else wears them, it is still a great honor and well deserved.
- Friend of the blog Brian Ewart of VUHoops.com hits hard with perhaps the best piece yet on conference expansion and how it relates to Villanova.
- Pitt guard Ashton Gibbs' status for the game against VU next Saturday appears very much in doubt after suffering a knee injury.
- 2011 basketball recruit Tyrone Johnson is profiled by the Washington Post.
- Corey Fisher was named one of ten finalists for the Cousy Award.
- Villanova is back in the top ten in both polls.
- Finally, it annoys me when traditional football rivalry game nicknames like "Backyard Brawl" or "The Red River Rivalry" are used for sports other than football.
Sunday, February 6, 2011
How many times will FOX show Jerry Jones? The over/under is 3.5, the over is favored at -145. This is an easy one, pick the over, Fox loves Jerry Jones and Jerry Jones is a whore. I think Jerry will be interviewed on camera at least twice.
How many times will Brett Favre be mentioned during the game? The over under is 2.5, with the under favored at -140. Whoever set that line stands to lose a lot of money because Brett Favre will be mentioned at least five times in the first half.
Will a player attempt a Lambeau Leap during the Super Bowl? No favored line- go with yes.
Which team will win the coin toss? No favorite, but pick the Steelers because the NFC has won 13 straight coin tosses.
Finally, take The Packers against the spread (-3) because they haven't lost a game by more than four points and have won six games in a row in which Aaron Rodgers played the entire game.
Saturday, February 5, 2011
|Where is James Bell?|
Here are my thoughts
- I really don't understand why Isaiah Armwood is starting. I offer more on the offensive end than he does. Put him in as an energy guy off the bench.
- This team actually plays defense!
- Stop the Maalik Wayns/Kyle Lowry comparisons immediately people. Such comparisons accomplish absolutely nothing and Leek isn't anywhere close to the player Kyle was.
- Free James Bell!
- I still love Mouph.
- Thank God that Maurice Sutton got almost no playing time. The performance of the team yesterday offers yet more proof that he's below replacement level.
- Stokes needs to step his shit up.
Friday, February 4, 2011
This basically made me realize that I don't have to be profane when I cheer for Villanova because these are awesome, but I enjoy drawing attention to myself so I will continue to do it..
Thursday, February 3, 2011
|How could you say no to a face like that?|
My other thoughts/some extra nuggets are after the Jump
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
|The only day fax machines get used anymore|
The Villanova Football Class of 2015 is:
|Jamal Abdur-Rahman||RB||5-10||180||Philadelphia, Pa.||LaSalle|
|Noble Ajakaiye||DL||6-2||235||Harrisburg, N.C.||Hickory Ridge|
|Morgan Craig||TE||6-4||255||Clarks Summit, Pa.||Abington Heights|
|Joey Harmon||LB||6-1||225||Pembroke Pines, Fla.||Salisbury School|
|Clay Horne||WR||6-6||220||St. Paul, Minn.||Lawrence Academy|
|Jordan Hunter||DL||6-2||300||Burlington Twp, N.J.||Burlington Twp.|
|Vince Kowalski||OL||6-3||250||Williamstown, N.J.||Williamstown|
|Dillon Lucas||LB||6-1||215||Medford, N.J.||Shawnee|
|Matt McCann||DB||5-10||195||Pittsburgh, Pa.||Keystone Oaks|
|Jerry Miles||DB||5-11||200||Dublin, Ohio||Scioto|
|Kevin Monangai||RB||5-10||195||Roseland, N.J.||Seton Hall Prep|
|Reggie Paris||LB||6-3||225||Pemberton, N.J.||Pemberton|
|Earnest Pettway||TE||6-4||245||Long Beach, Calif.||Long Beach Poly|
|Chris Polony||QB||6-3||210||Whitehall, Pa.||Whitehall|
|Justin Rhinesmith||OL||6-4||270||Cape May Court House, NJ||Middle Twp.|
|John Robertson||QB||6-1||205||Paramus, N.J.||Paramus|
|Joe Sarnese||DB||6-0||195||Ventnor, N.J.||Holy Spirit|
|Patrick Williams||DL||6-1||275||Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.||University School|
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
VUHoops.com's preview of the game also a conversation with Stuck in 1977, a Marquette blog.
The Nova Blog's conversation with Anonymous Eagle, another Marquette blog