Thursday, January 5, 2012

Villanova Basketball New Year's Resolution Suggestions

Editor's note: I had originally planned on posting this on New Year's day, but I got drunk and passed out, so I lost my opportunity to do so. There is still enough time for things to get better though.

For the New Year, I am willing to forgive all transgressions from earlier in the season if things change immediately. Here are my suggestions for certain Villanova basketball players in order for them to turn around their seasons.

Dominic Cheek- It's quite simple, stop shooting every three you think you can make, because it's obvious that you can't. If you're shooting more than two or three of them a game, you'd better be making 40% of them. If not, I will get an ulcer.

Maalik Wayns- Please drive to the hoop. You're as bad as Cheek at shooting threes, but you can drive to the basket as well as any Villanova player I've ever seeen and you're in the top 30 in the nation in free throw percentage. Drive to the hoop and pick up threes the old-fashioned way.

JayVaughn Pinkston- Turnovers are bad, especially when you're not playing a ball handling and distribution position where it's easier to have a lot of turnovers. Therefore, there is no excuse to be second to Wayns on the team in turnovers when you're a power forward who plays 12 fewer minutes a game than him. What makes it worse is the fact that the team is pretty careless with the ball anyway. Fewer turnovers would make for a greater 2012. Also, make your free throws.

Markus Kennedy- Make a free throw before you miss your tenth. All you need is to make one out of your next five.

Maurice Sutton- Make a useful contribution? I don't really know.

Achraf Yacoubou- Keep making 100 percent of your free throws, and I'll be able to ignore the fact that you're shooting worse than just about anyone on the team, except from outside.

James Bell- Play defense and stop disappearing. Other than that, the peripherals are solid, with the exception of the inside shooting.

Darrun Hilliard- Keep getting better. I like what I see so far.

Mouphtaou Yarou- Stop getting overpowered on the defensive end, and play better defense on backdoor cuts. I like what I see on offense, keep working on the jump shot.

Ty Johnson- 11% isn't even a good shooting percentage in hockey. Maybe wait until next year to take another three that isn't of the desperation variety.

Walk-ons- I hope I see you more in some wins.

Alright, tonight Villanova takes on USF. Pray to the Baby Jesus for a victory, and I'll be back later tonight if that victory happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment