Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Doomsday

Don't blame anybody in Providence. Villanova had their chance 15 years ago, and it was turned aside by a coalition led by a shortsighted president and a far too loyal lame duck athletic director. What Father Dobbin did in 1997 over the recommendations of a feasibility study may prove to be the decision that led Villanova into the athletics abyss.

Now Villanova has two options: Heavily invest in athletics and hope that makes them a more attractive candidate for a power conference, or do absolutely nothing and hope that it doesn't bite them in the ass. I think I know what I would do, but I have little faith that anything will get done.

Until then, I hope you're enjoying your retirement Father Dobbin, as I will make sure that your legacy will be one that is tarnished by prejudicial decisions you made that could do irreparable harm to an entire athletic department, and the prestige of a university.

No comments:

Post a Comment