Well, Temple's board of trustees canceled a board meeting that was scheduled for today. On the docket for today's meeting was the supposed Big East invitation. Interestingly, Temple listed the attendance for today's meeting at 18,000 before the meeting was canceled.
Here are some possible excuses Temple fans might come up with:
- Villanova sabotaged Temple's phone service.
- SEPTA was on strike.
- It's raining outside.
- Temple's administration wants to waste as much taxpayer money as possible, and the Big East would give them more revenue.
- Lincoln Financial Field isn't large enough to accommodate Temple's massive fan base against larger competition.
- Tom Corbett cut the budget so much that Temple couldn't afford the phone bill.
- Bill Cosby didn't bring the Jello.