Thursday, April 19, 2012

Stop Tweeting at Recruits

I'm watching you

Something that I see every day that really bothers me is fans of all schools tweeting at recruits asking them to go to a particular school. It's worse at places like Kentucky, Kansas and big football schools, but Villanova is not immune to this. I'm not sure if most people know this, but simply doing this is an NCAA violation (albeit a minor one) that can affect a school's ability to recruit a particular player. Once you beg a kid to go to your school, you cease being a fan in Villanova's eyes and you become a booster, which the NCAA doesn't like, unless the school is UCLA under John Wooden, but that's a different story.

Just yesterday, I caught a kid begging Dylan Ennis to go to Villanova. Once I saw it, I promptly called the person in question out and he deleted it. All I'm asking is for others to do the same. If you see this stuff, tell the people who are doing it to cut it out. There's no need to badger kids into making a decision, because the chances are they don't care in the first place. We need to stop this obsession with who might come to Villanova and focus on the kids when they sign on the dotted line and officially enter the program.

So start letting people know that they're not allowed to do this, it's annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment