This Guy Was President
Let's flash back to 1911: William Howard Taft was president, Fenway Park and RMS Titanic were still under construction, there were 46 states in the union, Ray Haroun won the inaugural running of the Indianapolis 500, and the University of Pennsylvania beat Villanova College 22-0 in a football game.
Here are some things that happened after that game, but in the same decade (in no particular order):
- The sinking of Titanic
- Woodrow Wilson is elected as the 28th President of the United States
- New Mexico and Arizona become the 47th and 48th states.
- The assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand in Sarajevo, starting World War I
- D.W. Griffith's The Birth of a Nation is released.
- Camel Cigarettes were introduced.
- The Treaty of Versailles.
- The births of Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, and John F. Kennedy.
- Babe Ruth is sold to the Yankees.
- The Russian Revolution.
- The 1912 Olympics are held in Stockholm.
- Members of the Chicago White Sox conspire to throw the World Series.