Friday, April 19, 2013

Why Does Villanova Even Have A Baseball Team?

I love baseball. It is the sport I know the most about, and the professional sports team that I follow most closely happens to be a baseball team. I can't say that I'm a big fan of college baseball, but I'll watch it when the College World Series is on TV, and I go to Villanova baseball games on occasion.

The Villanova baseball team is not competitive, and hasn't been in quite some time, yet they continue to pile one mediocre season after another with the occasional season where they are close to .500 sprinkled in there.

The only reason to continue to incur costs in a sport is when you are competitive, so that you can get students that you would otherwise have no chance of getting to be interested in your school. The Villanova baseball team is not competitive at all, so why do they still have one?

No comments:

Post a Comment