Friday, September 20, 2013

Villanova-Stony Brook: Things to look for


Due to illness, I posted an abortion last night as opposed to an actual post of substance. Just so that I don't feel bad about that, I'll write more than 30 words on the topic.

Here's some things I expect tomorrow:
  1. A lot of running of the football. Last season in the playoffs, Stony Brook pretty much ran the ball at will on Villanova. I expect them to try to do the same again.
  2. Fewer turnovers by Villanova. I have a hard time believing they're going to turn the ball over four or five times tomorrow. 
  3. High intensity on defense and special teams. I assume that Villanova's team will be angry, and they will try to impose that on the Sea Wolves. This could be dangerous, but I think they will try to set a tone to the game in order to impose their will on them. I don't know how well it will work, but I expect blue helmets to be flying all over the field towards the ball.
  4. A better John Robertson. He has been decent, but not great in the first two games of the season. I expect that to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment